Wednesday, March 02, 2005

F1 hijinks

Rubens Barichello- the other Ferrarri driver- had the following to say today about his relationship vis a vis Michael Schumacher (remember- the demi god of F1):

"I could be sitting down earning my money and go home happy, but I'm not made like that," Barrichello told reporters. "I'm sick of losing and I try to keep getting better and better." "The status I have earned at Ferrari is as big as Michael, the respect I have. The day that I feel Michael is unbeatable is the day I go home and stay with my family."

"I'm sorry if I lack a little bit of modesty, but I don't think the gap is big. The gap has been reducing quite dramatically through the years. The new season will be a bit more unpredictable, at least at the beginning, because everyone is experimenting with the new rules. If that allows me to close the gap or even go in front of Michael remains to be seen."

Well, Rubens- gotta hand it to you- you have a tendency towards the Quixotic. Gotta love those impossible dreams, buddy. He's such a cuddly little guy I'm pulling for him. But my racing heart belongs to Michael...

No comments: