Monday, March 07, 2005

A new day

It was a lovely weekend. The sun was shining, the trees were blooming (if they were that kind of tree), and Spouse took time away from work to play. It was all good.

I'll post some shots of the city that we took. Part of the fun was going to Pike St. Market. I really enjoy that. It's not too busy on Sunday morning- Spouse isn't a big fan of the place- but I like the sights and action. It's busy. It reminds me that we live in a city now.

I do wonder about all of the produce stands. Is there a dark overlord who owns them all? How can they possibly make enough money to be stand-alone businesses? Ditto for the flower vendors. Also, there isn't a huge variety of different product at each. And the prices are sooo similar. Makes me wonder.

So I sit here and sip my green tea (steeped for only 30 seconds to keep from getting bitter- like me on a bad day), and think about this whole spring thing. I'll be going to MT next week to conduct some family business, and it'll be an interesting comparison. It's just odd to live in a place like this where there seems to be a mono-season. Green. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

No comments: