Thursday, March 24, 2005

On the mend

And now I'm tired. Not my usual verbosity- but at least I've given it the good old college try. I shall retire to the couch, drink some fluids (without the requisite alcohol- doesn't help with the mending process) and watch some old movies on the Tivo. Then perhaps I shall dress. We'll see. I don't want to get too ambitious and suffer a horrible relapse. I was in vile form yesterday- pity poor Spouse- the man is a saint. So, for those of you who sent good wishes- thank you profoundly! Adieu, my dear friends- until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sister,

I was unaware that you had taken ill. The news was most surprising, and disconcerting. I furrowed my brow upon hearing(reading) it. I send my wishes for a speedy recovery. If you would like, I could cook you up a kettle of soup and bring it over. I'll even take it out of the cans first. Let me know, and I can be there in 12 hours. Be well, dearest sibling.

Love Andrea

slyboots2 said...

Ah my dearest-

All shall be well. No need for you to play with dangerous kitchen implements on my account. Spouse will come home and supply me with a poultice. He loves that word. Poultice. It sounds almost naughty. Like something from a Monty Python routine. Poultice, poultice, poultice. Preferably a mustard poultice. I grow weary. I shall repair to the couch, smell some smelling salts to combat the vapours, and yield to my general malaise...

I'll be all peppy n such tomorrow. I can just tell. Love you meine kleine schwestern!