Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Alternatives to Bozeman

In my ongoing quest to seek out fun and interesting small town news, I have left Bozeman behind for today. Neither Helena nor Missoula posts police reports online. So I go to Kallispell (enjoy Allison!).

Kalispell police were called when a woman who was fired from a business refused to leave it Monday. An officer persuaded her to go away. (Let it go, chick!!!)

A resident on the west side is unhappy with neighbors entering his home and taking his things. A woman is unhappy with the fax her ex-husband has reportedly sent people that prompts them to send her odd kinds of mail. (So, I'm thinking that the police in Kallispell have more human relations interactions, less animal control than Bozeman.)

Deputies counseled warring neighbors on Ridgewood Drive, who agreed to stay away from each other. Obscene gestures are part of the landscape there. In another neighborhood dispute, a woman says a man takes her dog out of her yard and puts it in his. ( I might have to visit this site more often! There's a serious attempt at creative writing afoot here!!)

And finally- in Missoula Huey Lewis gave a lecture at the U about music. Since he is a landowner in the Bitterroot, he probably isn't hard to find. I'm still pissed that he bought Sleeping Child Hot Springs and closed it to locals. Bastard. I spent many fun hours there with my grandmother when I was little. Now I have difficulty thinking civil thoughts about the man. I hope that his lecture was sparsely attended. I do know, however, that a student reporter from the Kaimin was a total star fucker and asked him for his autograph and then proceeded to interview him from a syncophantic stance. This guy has quite a future on E! Especially if he bears a resemblance to any famous trial lawyer in the LA area (could be in on the recreation of the next MJ trial).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet. Kalispell's full of crazy folk, whereas Bozeman's full of crazy animals. *grin* Most excellent. I take it your source was the "trusty" Daily Interlake?

Mwa ha. Kalispell is a town where everyone hates each other.

slyboots2 said...

Daily Interlake- Bozeman Chronicle- same ugly little yapping beast. Neither site works worth shit, and they seem to leave updates to the unpaid interns. Sad state of affairs, really. Now don't get me started on MT on-air news personalities, now- it could get nasty!