Monday, April 11, 2005

War of the Worlds- 2005

So how does it feel, Bozeman to be next to the epicenter of the latest global disaster? Wha???? No disaster??? But it was on the TV last night- and Tom Brokaw was there...was it just a dream??? Did Yellowstone not esplode in a fiery wave of glory and rapture? Did the ash not cause nuclear winter? Why is it raining out then? I'm confused (big shock...).

Ok- the Discovery Channel had their big hamfisted "when Yellowstone goes, you will all DIE!!!" fest last night. I dunno if anyone else watched. But it was KRAZY! The only thing missing was the rain of toads and the dogs and cats making sweet love in the streets. Yeah, I knew that whilst residing in Bozeman I lived 90 miles from the world's largest volcanic pimple o doom. But I certainly didn't worry too much about it. But that has now changed. Tom Brokaw has lent his august authority to the subject, and you couldn't pay me to live there now! (Actually, I probably couldn't get a job there after my boss slam of yesterday, so it's certainly a done deal...). Damn people, are you suicidal? And to you, my family- is it time for an intervention? Stop with the thrill seeking!!! You're making me KRAZY!!! (or is that just a certainty- ask my cats, they are full of useful information- they make all of my decisions for me....bzzzzzz)

Anyhew, it was interesting. And kind of silly, despite the extreme gravitas and emotive acting.

No comments: