Monday, April 04, 2005

Crappy weekend

Not to whine, but my Michael didn't exactly have a good day at the track. Neither did his wonderful sidekick Rubens Barichello (he'd probably punch me for calling him that...). It wasn't a good day all around in our home. Spouse is also feeling icky, and his team- BAR- has some real work to do to get out of the technical doldrums and actually finish a race. It's sad. I really do hope that both teams are in better shape for Montreal- I want to go there and see triumph. And not for Renault. Even though everyone in my circle of F1 friends is happy not to see Michael walk with another easy championship- I want to see him do well. That's what it's all about. He's historically good. Record-breaking good. And that's cool.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should buy a trailer, the requisite pink flamingos, get at least 10 more cats and switch your attentions to NASCAR. That's just my opinion though.

Love Andrea

slyboots2 said...

Um- you must be misunderstanding the whole focus of F1- it is a celebration of the Eurotrash. No trailers involved- only discos and David Hasselhoff. It eez a very different beast from ze Nascar. Harumph. And you call yourself my seester....

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't saying that F1 is white trash, or involves trailers. I was saying that you should just make the leap, feed your inner NASCAR lover that is passively trying to escape by watching F1 racing. I know it's there, Christy. I know you want a trailer. I can sense it. I know you secretly have pink flamingos!

slyboots2 said...

Secretly? Like hell. I don't hide my love for pink flamingos. They make me smile. When skies are grey (which is every other day in this place). But screw NASCAR. Seriously. Stoopid races- on oval tracks with enclosed cockpits. Screw that. I likes to watch the boys really work at it. And F1 offers the fastest cars in the business. And at least at Monaco, they race in the streets. There's the off chance a driver will put the car in the ocean. How cool is that?!! I may indeed embrace my redneck heritage- but it won't be through NASCAR at the expense of F1.