Tuesday, April 26, 2005

U2 Concert

Ok- I'm a dumbass- it's official. I didn't take my camera. No way to share the joy with images. But it was really, really fun. We both forgot that we're sick for a while- which was a wonderful thing. It was probably one of the most effective concerts that we've attended. By that I mean that Bono and the boys have a way with the crowd. Yeah, Elvis Costello is a rock star, but Bono is a ROCK STAR. And they played almost all of my favorites.

All in all it was a good night. I disliked Kings of Leon intensely- they blew. They didn't seem to want to be on stage. Maybe they were sick like me and didn't have enough blow to boost their moods...I dunno. But it was unfortunate. And I was glad to have ear plugs so that their suckiness didn't hurt my hearing.

The lady next to Spouse stank of patchouli. That was about the only sore spot of the evening. He hates patchouli. He says it smells like wet dirt. And I don't think he means that as a good thing. Actually I think it was a patchouli-based perfume that smelled of old lady. But he was in some distress for a while. Then he gave up. And entered the smell-free zone.

So the expensive tickets that I couldn't affort were great- it was a stupid expense, but I'm glad in the end that we had such good seats. We've never been that close to the stage before. On the stage that came in a semi-circle into the crowd, Bono et. al. were probably only about 30 feet away from us. Kewl!

So. I think I'll stop gloating, and just say that it was worth the hours spent online when the tickets went up for sale.

Oh and another piece o news- seems that Bono stayed at Bill Gates's pad last night. They're buds. During the text message thing on the screen during the concert, someone text messaged Bill Gates's name. Guess it could've been him, since I hear he was there. We were breathing rarified air!

No comments: