Thursday, April 14, 2005

The Bad

So yesterday was a real up and down. In the morning I found out that my step-mother's wonderful father died. I really loved him, and treasured my 20+ years knowing him. Last night on TCM The Philadelphia Story was on, and it reminded me of him. He was kind of like Jimmy Stewart in a way. Tall, nice looking, decent and with a distinctive voice. He was well-read, adventurous and kind. I was very lucky to get to know him over the years. I only hope that he knew how much I admired and respected him. I did get to see him a few weeks ago and say goodbye. It was hard, but I treasured the chance to see him.

So, my message to you, dear reader, is to remember that life is quite finite, beautiful and often sad, all at the same time. Call your mother and father today.

No comments: