Saturday, April 23, 2005

Celebrity sighting- by osmosis version

An old friend of mine from Jr High (actually- I had a massive stalker little girl crush on him- his parents were friends of my mom- I can't really say he was a close friend, but he was very nice to me) is in the movie bizness. I won't say what he does, but he is still doing it and has some success. His father told me the story several years ago.

He was working on a movie with a noted actress (who was the first wife of a short, toothy superstar). She was very complementary about his work. Then came trouble. My friend is a married guy- has a really hot wife, and seems quite content. One evening during the production, scary actress (she has always kind of creeped me out) sends a bottle of champaigne to our hero's room. With a note- she wants to share it with him...yeah...

He is in a quandary. What to do? What to do? He does the decent thing (thus his father can tell me the story)- he sends her a thank you note, and says that he and his wife (who is visiting in a day or so) will enjoy it together and think fond thoughts about the actress. So she gets his ass canned the next day.

Ain't that the shits? But he did get to work on a Coen Brother film. And some other really great gigs.

No comments: