Friday, April 01, 2005

Mama I feel the pain

Thanks to our lovely Polish friend, I am getting a cold. And yes, this makes me crabby. But my world view isn't totally bleak- F1 is this weekend. So I plan on curling up under a blanky on the couch with hot tea and cheering on my Michael- who in practice this morning looked refreshingly spry.

And a story to reward those of you who bore with me through that first paragraph:
A couple of months ago we were in Ross. Looking at shoes. There was a large family in the aisle next to us. They were having fun with shoes too. The young girl (about 8 or so) put on some shoes that were too small and limped around saying, " Mama, I feel the pain!" It was bloody hilarious. Her mother cracked up, we were giggling- it was fun. Fun in Ross. With shoes. A timeless moment. My gift to you and the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOST excellent. What a wonderful quote.

Borrowing's fine. Everything's shiny and new to me! Sometimes I think there's something wrong with my short-term memory... Oh well, works out well for you!

I DO leave large welts when I bite. *grin*

slyboots2 said...

Ahhh- but as long as the area doesn't turn black and start to get all gangreney, all is well. Let's all agree that the desert Southwest is chock full o nasty critters, and leave it at that.