Friday, April 01, 2005

Another story- then I must retire for the day

I'm getting the prickly sinus feeling- and so shall give another gift of myself. A story for you all.

In honor of Sin City opening today- this one is true. (Mickey Rourke is in it- you'll see the significance)

Many years ago, Spouse and I were travelling from Billings to Missoula. We stopped in Butte (at the Harrison Ave Exit, if you must know) to get gas. We pulled in, and saw a red muscle car steaming from the radiator- it was covered with white spray painted words - "Just Married" and "LA Sucks" prominent among them.

As we went inside to pay, a fellow ran up to us- he was a tad excited. He shouted, "That car- it's Mickey fucking Rourke! I saw him drive up and he smiled at me! Mickey fucking Rourke! He's my favorite actor!" Then he ran to the next car with the same message. So I looked at Spouse, we shrugged at eachother, and said, "cool. Mickey fucking Rourke."

We went in to pay for the gas. I got in line. Spouse is with me (not Spouse at the time, btw- but Boytoy). Who should saunter up, but Mickey fucking Rourke. With his rather windblown and skanky-looking new wife. He eyes me as if to say, "step aside and let me cut in front of you." I didn't move, or blink- I just started a conversation with the short woman behind me- about the tub-o-soda that she was purchasing. She told me that her husband consumes two of these per day. I wonder if he's still alive, or in a diabetic coma somewhere in Butte...but I digress.

Mickey fucking Rourke gets in line after her and listens to our riveting discussion of soda. Hee hee. We were sooooo cool. Didn't gush. Didn't say a damned thing. But sure did check him out. He was tall, had a silly Prince Valiant black hair cut, with a baseball cap on top, and wore long baggy shorts with a leather jacket. Overall an odd assemblage. His wife was in very short brown leopard-print shorts, with a brown suedish jacket with fringe. Very LA, not very Butte. Most noticable- he has an enormous- gigantic- head. Must've made the boxing career hard- there was so much target to hit! We decided on the spot to start a rumor that Mickey Rourke is hydrocephalic. There. My gift to you. An old story in agonizing detail, and a stupid rumor. Happy day, all! And we all lived happily after. Except the Mountain Dew swilling husband- who I'm sure is prematurely dead. (and it was Mountain Dew- she told us.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL story. I loved it. I'll be unhappy if it was an April Fool's Day joke. :(

I think my spouse wants to see Sin City. I'm not sure, though. Won't know, because we'll be working on stuff so he can wear his Prince Valiant wig with pride next weekend. ;)

slyboots2 said...

No joke- no lie. Absolutely the truth here! Betcha the guy who LOVED Mickey Fucking Rourke still tells the story. Like we do. What can I say- we were starved for celeb sightings in Montana.