Tuesday, April 26, 2005

In other news

I might have a job interview. With Washington Mutual. Not to say that I love the thought of being back in the banking world- but it's not branch work, and looks to be in the tech area of the company. That is reassuring, as I loathed working in a branch. Customer service of that nature is nasty. People get all up in your shit when you're dealing with their money. And I can't blame them. But unfortunately, in a bank like the one I worked at, plenty of knuckleheads have access to your account and can muck it up easily. Just like the financial aid office (been there, worked there, have the scars to prove it too). I was the fixer upper. And it sucked. People are very emotionally tied up to their money. And they come unfuckingglued when something is amiss. And the poor schmuck who gets to figure out what went wrong is the one who deals with the distraught or totally pissed off person. Even collections was easier. Cuz then you're not taking any crap off of them- they owe you. But you also go to hell for being in collections. Seriously. I have some bonafide hell time a comin. But not much- I was only a temp.

No comments: