Friday, April 08, 2005

Tonight, tonight- blah blah blah blah tonight

It was a busy day- going to the bank and money changing yen to dollars...going to bookstores and buying myself a new copy of Crime and Punishment (I promised Prof. Skinner that I would read it every 10 years- I forgot last year...I'll do it now), and then after cooking lentils, delicious lentils, we went to the Elvis Costello concert. Yay! Last time I bought tickets to Elvis, I developed raging strep throat and couldn't go. So tonight I went. The dude is a serious ROCK STAR! We had a very nice time, indeed. I'll provide pictures when I unload the camera.

And he played Allison, Pump it Up, and Radio, Radio. It was wonderful. He had shiny shoes. And played about 7 guitars. Not all at once, but over the course of the evening. The lights on occasion looked like an X Box on the wall- large green Xs.

I might report more later. Sleep first. Then more stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to know why you promised Dr. Skinner that!???

slyboots2 said...

Because I read it in High School, hated it, and told him. He told me that if I read it in 10 years, I would find it an amazing book. And then he said I should do it every 10 years- I would find new things in it. I agreed. It wasn't a pact sealed by a blood oath, or anything. But I did read it when I was 27, and found it immensely rewarding- perhaps since I loathed my landlord...

Anonymous said...

Whatever, I know you two are "blood sisters!"

slyboots2 said...

Um- but he's not a girl...so I'm really, really confused. And concerned. By this age, you should have that gender thing down pretty good. Unless he has turned into a tranny, which I highly doubt, and wouldn't be a pretty sight...Or am I blood sisters with Dostoevsky? Which is even scarier, since he's dead and all.