Friday, April 29, 2005

Haiku du jour

I haven't done one of these for several days (been not too inspired by the muse- Poetry) but since I've been self absorbed and drinking tea again (helps to be sick- don't know how sick people can't be self absorbed- comes with the territory methinks) I figure that I should belt one out.

Job hunting goes on
making status symbol life
harder to obtain.

(Like that? Hmmmmm- status symbol life- forget that- let's discuss bare minimum of paying bills, getting teeth cleaned, going to Dr. when sick, etc....)

Oh- and BTW, yesterday on CNN they were talking about states that have the highest number of employed people without health insurance, and MT made the top 5. Really (voice dripping with sarcasm)- you don't say?! How could such a thing be possible? Well, having endured pathetic wages and very high property/rent prices, I get it. Penury, I say! Penury!

And Alan Greenspan is starting to grumble about the economy- and the deficit- and that's a leetle scary. This here house o' cards is getting a tad shaky for my taste! But that story was pushed aside by some story du jour a couple of weeks ago. Makes me wonder about the smoke and mirrors of the media...keep the peoples all distracted and such... (Hey- look over there!)

No comments: