Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Reading review

If you get a chance, and want to read something great (and aren't already borrowing my copy of it), spend the cash and pick up the new book, The Historian. It's wonderful. I really loved it. All about tracking vampires via research in rare books and literary sources across Eastern Europe (during the Cold War), Turkey and England. Fun, fun, fun. I'm so jealous that she pulled this out of her bag of tricks for her first novel that I could spit. But then I weigh that it took her 10 years, and figure that she's deserving. I heard that she got a $2 million advance. Beeitch.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

I'll pass, thank you. Being Romanian and knowing full well that there is no such thing as a Vampire in Romanian culture--rather a made up piece of shit folklore by a white Englishman (thank you Bam Stoker)--I boycott everything w/aforementioned bat zombies.

(S)wine said...

BRAM, BRAM...the bastard; I cannot even bring myself to spell his name right.

slyboots2 said...

Dracula bored the piss out of me. I expected something interesting. To hell with Stoker. But the Historian is fun. To an outsider, at least.