Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Oh happy day!

I am gainfully employed. As soon as the background check is completed, I am gonna have a job. I'll be at Washington Mutual, boosting my banking experience. And it's all good. I liked the people who interviewed me quite a lot- and I think I can do a good job.

And it's our wedding anniversary today. 12 lovely years. Doesn't really feel like it's been that long, but it has.

And Lance looks like he's gonna win the Tour. Unless something really bad happens, that is.

And we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, and I am pleased. Very Tim Burton, yes- but it fit the story rather well. He seems to really be drawn to the lost/alienated boy saga. It was cool to hear Roald Dahl's lyrics from the book put to Danny Elfman's music. But I did miss the original Veruca- she had moxie. The new Violet was Madonnaesque enough to really thrill me, though. And Augustus Gloop was missing his eyebrows- extra creepy!

We might just survive and thrive here. It is now more possible than ever. That's a strong sense of relief. I'm not sure though how the cats will respond to their abandonment. Will they lick bald patches on their tummies? Will they poop inappropriately in the shower? Will they continue to follow me around the house with imploring eyes (it's actually a combo of cute and creepy- trust me)? They seem to know something- they are both sitting staring at me. Oh right- they are hungry. Never mind.

10 comments:

cb said...

good job you.

slyboots2 said...

Thank you! It has been a long haul, and friends like you helped immensely!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congrats on the job! I hope you enjoy it. Will it be an okay commute?

I'm happy you enjoyed the movie, too! We may try to see it this weekend...

Again, congrats!

slyboots2 said...

Thanks!

The commute is about 10 minutes. The challenge is parking. I'll have to do some research into that- but will likely have to learn to ride motorcycle #1 and use that. Or I could just take the bus.

The movie was worthwhile. You know I've been obsessed, so when Benke's boss wanted to go, well, what could I say?!

Talk to you soon!

(S)wine said...

happy anniversary. i'm working on #11 this August. Keep your fingers crossed that I make it. Har.

slyboots2 said...

Ah- piece o pie. (that's my 2010 quote du jour) Just don't pull some kind of crappy Jude Law hijinks out of your bag o tricks, and remember to appease the raccoons in your crawlspace. I hear that they like corn on the cob.

(S)wine said...

i think you might've misunderstood Robotnik's delusions w/the crawlspace thing. He tells the Doc that he's concerned someone can set up house under there. Not some animal, but some ONE. Ah well...

I noticed the way the comments were heading but...there's not much I can do about that. I'll work on a few more mechanics next time and see if there's less confusion.

(S)wine said...

P.S. I'm loyal. I got enough voices/issues/headaches with which to contend in my life. Other women would just add to the problems.

slyboots2 said...

I understood about Baba Yaga in the crawlspace, it was just too creepy for me. So I turned to my friendly creatures of the night. Your writing is muchos effective- I was just being very silly yesterday. I'll try to contain that a bit in the future.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to have not psoted sooner, have been a tad busy. But, congratulations on all fronts! My vote is that the cats lick themselves bald. Ah, and that sweet July day when you and spouse became spouses...we wore rose corsages, mom cried, the corsages are still in the basement in the storage room...and the other sister did not scratch herself till she bled (or lick herself bald). I want ot hear more, I'll call soon. Take care and congrats!