Monday, July 18, 2005

Gotta brag

It was my Saturday of Harry Potter. I love him. I would marry him, but a) he isn't real, and b) I'm not Mary Kay Letournou, and marrying a 16 year old at my age is beyond creepy, and c) see a.

But I pre-ordered my copy online and should get it today (I had a gift certificate- thanks Andrea!). In the meantime, my lovely Spouse was at Target Saturday morning, and bought me a copy. He is wonderful. I gave the redundant copy (with love, mind you- and after reading Chapter 1) to our lovely friend. And then another special person in my life sent me another copy. (I'll not give details there, thank you.) So all is wonderful in my Harry Potter world. I just can't read any of it this morning- or I might miss my interview. And that would be bad. I have a good feeling about this one. Let's hope it is an accurate good feeling, and not just moderately good health.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

I know you've already read my take on "availability" of Harry. You know where I stand on its marketing.

slyboots2 said...

It's one of my vices. But I'm cheeved for JK- she has earned her filthy lucre. More so than many.

I wish I was at Hogwarts, that's all. I love a book that makes me nostalgic for a fictional place.

(S)wine said...

I understand. I wish I was in Pamplona. Wait, that's real.

In any case, you notice I only haggle with the PR machine concerning Harry. I don't bitch about the books themselves. I'm all for children reading. Always will be.