Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Blackberry pickin

There's a wall of blackberries across the street. And we're picking when we can. Why? Well, because. It's not quite as thrilling as huckleberries (no bears, cold weather or very small berries). But it's fun.

Otherwise, not much happened today- except for day 2 of work, which went well. On the way in, I was behind a guy in a car- he was playing with his hair a lot while looking in the rear-view mirror. He kept fluffing it. I really wanted to shout,"Yes, you're a very pretty girl, Mary." But my window was up. I'll save that one for a rainy day.

At lunch I was wandering around towards Borders (no, the new F1 magazine wasn't in, dammit), and a crazy lady talked to me. I really should say that she either was talking to me, or her cane. I really couldn't tell. But it was ok, since she didn't seem to expect a response.

I think I'm going to enjoy working downtown. I am seeing a whole new world (cue the Disney track) It's new and exciting... chock full of corporate wonks, crazy people and just people in general. I'm digging it so far.

No comments: