Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Girlfriends

I'm just not going to complain too loudly about this one. Just softly.

Spouse has a new two-wheeled girlfriend. She is a vintage cafe racer. He loves her very much. It is still in the Honeymoon period- and she keeps spraining her ankle so that he will pay attention to her. I am actually pleased that he has something fun to do, what with the end of worrying about my unemployment and all. But it gets a little extreme on occasion.

I've warned him that she'll bring him heartache in the end. And that his loyal wife still needs to be kept in shoes and bon bons. I suspect, however, that he's filtering that last part out. He has the siren song of the open road in his ears.

Plus the Miata is in the shop being fixed after the birthday ruckus. They gave him a Ford Taurus (which I accurately predicted)- teal (which I also accurately predicted). And with this sex on wheels machine at his disposal, I can hardly blame him for fixating on something with a bit of intact thrill factor.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* Yeah....

slyboots2 said...

I do leave out that his loyal wife has a few "interests" on the side, as well. Albeit, they are much more affordable!

(S)wine said...

what the feck? i'm lost here. what is a cafe racer? i assume some sort of motorcycle? i don't know about these things...i have no interests like that. i feel so un-hip. i need a drink.

slyboots2 said...

Cafe racer= modified older/vintage Japanese motorcycle. I didn't know about things like that until they entered my life and pretty much took things over. But to be fair, do not get me started on orchids. I can talk for hours and be a total bore. (bet that's a real revelation!)