Saturday, July 30, 2005

My lucky day

I have my LSAT class starting today. I am spending a ton of $ and at least 4 hours of my Saturday to get all smart (SMRT) about the LSATs. I had a disappointing run with the test the first time I took it- not catastrophic, but disappointing. This had better work. Or I'll be very unhappy.

And on a happy note, yesterday I found out that a dork is a whale penis. It all comes clear suddenly. I still love the word.

And now I must go and get ready for my class, and watch F1 qualifying on the Tivo.

Oh- and remind me to tell you about the Hemingway who lived in Missoula and Bozeman- that's another interesting one.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

what in hell is F1 qualifying.
Also...NOOOOOOOOO! You have Tivo...
sigh.

slyboots2 said...

F1 Qualifying determines grid position for the race tomorrow.

Tivo, Sirius, DSL- we're set up for a life with absolutely no physical input whatsoever.

Tivo makes my life worth living. It enables me to not only watch my racing at a decent (not 4:30 AM) time, but it also feeds my classic movie fetish. The geekish genius who invented it is a God. I should set up an altar to him/her. But the cats would set themselves alight with the votive candles, so maybe not.

(S)wine said...

what kind of race?

yea...i hear you on the TiVo thing. i just happen to think the exact opposite of you. I call Americans: TiVo Nation. All my friends/family have fallen prey to it. They don't get out of the house anymore. With kids and TiVo, they're always inside. I wheel around my one year old in her wagon around my 'hood and no one...NO ONE is out. Ever. They're all inside watching TiVo.

sigh.