Monday, July 18, 2005

And here's my final thought for today

I was thinking about the ant and grasshopper story. For those of you who need a parable refresher course- the ant worked hard all the time, while the grasshopper played. When winter came, the ant was fine, and the grasshopper died of cold and not being prepared. I suppose I could draw the conclusion that the ant was part of the survivalist movement, but whatever.

I was thinking about how much ant and grasshopper (percentagewise) I and the people in my life are. Why was I doing this? I was trying to get to sleep, and these are the kinds of stupid things I do to achieve sleep.

I think I'm about 65% grasshopper. And Spouse is about 80% ant. Whether that's through actual proclivity or through actual necessity, I don't know. I just wanted to think about something inconsequential and stupid.

No comments: