Monday, July 03, 2006

Yummy nothing to do

Now that I've re-joined the working classes, I am happy to take a 4 day weekend. Because that 2 day work week last week was exhausting.

This also gives me an opportunity to mitigate the trauma inflicted upon the cats by my not being around during the day last week. It's so hard on them, you see. They are dramatic little creatures.

Nothing much happening- except the US F1 race this last weekend- of course, my Michael and Ferrari did well. That makes it a good day for me. And seeing that only 9 cars finished out of a field of 22, it was an interesting race, as well.

We also went to the wooden boat festival on Lake Union on Saturday. If you're in the area next year when it occurs, do go. There was an amazing array of vintage Cris Crafts and other really lovely pleasure craft. There was an old restored tug boat or two, and plenty of other assorted boats. It was cool as hell, as a lot of the boats allowed visitors on board. I, of course, wore the wrong footwear and attire for the event- because I am stupid that way. But I did wear sunblock. So I feel like it cancels itself out.

Nothing else to see here. Move along.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

we have had to give both of ours up because of the little one's asthma (by the way, since the day the cats left, she's been perfectly fine). and i still suffer from their absence. but to hear the little one go through horrendous coughing spells for hours at a time at night, i think we made the right choice. still, it is my weakness, i cannot even TALK/THINK about them. we gave them to a family living in questionable conditions (i.e. small trailer in a trailer park), and i guess the only thing going was that their kids loved them right away.

sigh....

slyboots2 said...

Ah- but I'm so happy to hear that the girl's breathing has improved. We both have asthma, and the kitties no doubt contribute. But it's nothing severe, and we'll suck it up. But we're not children. And we suffer for the sake of our own stubborness.

And think of it this way- you gave some poor little slum dweller a wonderful gift. Probably one of the only really good things that'll happen.