Thursday, July 13, 2006

Now that I'm home

I'm really getting tired of my own voice- complaining all the blasted time. It's not like I'm easy to please, either. I am very accomodating. Very. Pretty even-keeled in my own estimation (Kenga would probably snort at that, but he's not here, so we'll run with it).

This morning on the way to work, I was menaced. By a fucktard in a black Audi TT- license plate memorized. He had a kid in the car. That's what makes his behavior even more unacceptable.

The events:

-I merged into traffic onto the West Seattle Bridge with about 3/4 of a block between myself and the madman. I guess that wasn't enough of a buffer zone for him. Or he was going far too fast. Or both. Then I had to slow down to a crawl because of the line of cars merging in front of me. Which would've happened to him, too. It's called traffic.
-when I merged, he responded by riding right up on my ass and honking. I gestured, because he was a fuck. (probably not the best thing for me to have done, but tough shit.)
-I merged slowly, and carefully across 3 lanes of traffic to the I90 lane. He followed me. Then proceeded to ride my ass across the bridge. As we were going slowly, I wasn't too worried.
-then right before the exit for 1st Ave, he pulled into the lane next to me, rushed up on the right and lurched in front of me. I came really close to hitting him- which would've really sucked for him- idiot has a more expensive car than I do, and had a kid in the car. Dumbshit. Then he dove off of the 1st Ave exit- cutting in front of a line of cars to do that.

Not a pleasant way to start the day. Lucky for him I'm not an off-duty cop. Lucky for him I'm not a District Attorney with access to traffic records. Lucky for him I'm not a serial killer looking for my next victim. Lucky for him I don't know where he lives- I have one hell of a handy little valve core remover that's just itching for this kind of action.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

good thing you don't drive in Europe. what you described is de rigueur. try not to let the blood pressure skyrocket. it's big-city driving; whaddya gonna do? put on some tunes, light a ciggy, and chill

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- it's probably good not to expose myself to these kinds of situations- where I feel the rage percolating like an old fashioned stove top coffee pot- or a pressure cooker- only to explode in a fit of needless rage at a hapless stranger...Guess I'll forgoe the NPR a few of these kinds of mornings and crank the cd player. Don't do the ciggy thing, but the chill is probably a good way to handle it.