Monday, July 17, 2006

Funny, funny

On the same day that coverage of the building war in the Middle East intesified, we can peruse articles about the following:

Carmen Electra and Dave Novarro are splitting

Oprah announces that she's not gay with her best friend, Gayle

And Brad Pitt likes being a daddy.

Stop the fucking presses. This is all very IMPORTANT.

(yes, I'm guilty- I looked at every stinking one of them too. But I also read about the Middle East.)

Fuuuuu..uuuck.

And we wonder why George Bush is overheard telling Tony Blair that "someone" ought to call Syria and do something about the conflict. (hey, buddy, how bout you pick up the phone? Huh? Not like we're paying you to conduct foreign policy, or anything.) I seriously wonder if all of this trivia distracts him, like shiny, glittery things. And blinking lights on stereo systems.

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

1. Who?
2. Oprah and who?
3. Sure he does, he's got at least 3 nannies...AT LEAST.

slyboots2 said...

Right. My point precisely. And now I hear that there was another tsunami. So there is war and devestation to focus upon, not to mention Iraqi shenanegans. But we would rather immerse ouselves in this kind of meaningless crap. I don't get it...or I do, and want desperately to claim otherwise.

(S)wine said...

300 people dead so far, from the new Tsunami.

slyboots2 said...

Christ. I could cry. But I have to get ready for work instead...