Sunday, July 23, 2006

Summer Day 1

It's 1969. I'm three. My dad and I are in the blue '57 Olds convertable. We're going to Grandma and Grandpa's house across town. The top is down. The wind is making my hair messy. The sun is shining.
Dad is wearing a short-sleeved collared shirt. It is my favorite- a blue shirt with small colored squares (I wish he still had it- I would totally poach it now). The radio is on.
We stop at the light by the National Guard Armory (Euclid and Last Chance). My favorite song is on the radio and I'm singing along, at the top of my lungs. It's funny that I don't remember Dad's reaction- he's probably trying not to laugh his ass off...

"This is the dawning of the Age of Aquarius...the Age of Aquarius....Aquariuuuuus....Aquariiiiuuuuusss..."

I don't know all of the words. Never did. But it sure was fun to sing in the sun and wind in that big amazing sparkly car.

No comments: