Thursday, July 20, 2006

Anniversary

13 years ago today I married the right man. Never looked back. Tried to forget the tooly Mctool tools who had graced me with their presences before him. Felt immensely lucky. Still do.

His parents were relieved. They had a real problem with our living arrangements prior to the marrying. In fact, just to show that I'm not a big romantic (neither is he- good fit), I don't remember how we decided to get married. Not a clue. It's just not stored up there. Probably got lost in a systems re-install. ( I AM the tech geek queen!!) So we think, upon re-constructing events in a quasi-CSI style investigation, that it was a mutual decision reached quickly after one of his parent's badgering phone calls.

"I am ashamed to tell my friends about you living with C..."

"So don't tell them, mom."

"But Kenga, I am ashamed."

"groan."

"If you love her, you marry her."

...

So it was decided. And the act was carried out in Flagstaff, AZ. It was the closest to the mountains that we could get- and I was aching for pine trees and cool mountain breezes. It kills me to be away from the mountains for an extended length of time- and Phoenix/Tempe lacks real mountains. Sure, they call them mountains. But saguaro cactus and mounds of dirt do not mountains make.

Both families were there, along with a wonderful selection of friends. We had it in the courthouse. I cried like a fool, and cannot view the video. Will not, in fact. Also, my hair was bad. His hair was worse, and it was my fault. Evil haircuts-both of us.

We had the reception at a campground. It was really fun, but totally too short.

I'm very glad that it happened. Despite my extended family's suspicion that it was all done with an impending shotgun. Nope. It was just done right. Or else it has been the longest gestation in human history...which would explain certain bulges...but no such luck. Just gotta exercise more, and avoid the figure de Tech Geek Queen. It could happen....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! The two of you definitely seem to fit.

(S)wine said...

congrats, definitely.
(put that knife away, and return that rat poison to its proper shelf at Lowe's).

slyboots2 said...

Thanks!

Knives and rat poison- bah!Too blunt and unsophisticated. And leaves too many traces. Watch The Young Poisoner's Handbook for dispatch techniques.

And he's too funny and far too wise to let me get away with any silly hijinks like that. The guilt would eat me alive.

(S)wine said...

"too blunt and unsophisticated"

that's me, though. and also, i long for a blunt and unsophisticated death, so...there again.

slyboots2 said...

And I just want to get away with something. Sneaky and observant. That's me.

cb said...

I thought for sure kenga was preggers.

slyboots2 said...

Funny- so did we. Imagine our disappointment when it turned out to be a butt baby, rather than a real live wooden boy!

Dude- get your blog on- you're slackin on me!!!