Monday, July 03, 2006

Been thinking a lot about forgiveness.
Mainly as a concept.
Then as a particular choice.
I am tired of carrying it all around.
The resentments, the hurt, the blame.
It's a heavy load of shit- that benefits no one.
Forgiveness to me doesn't mean forgetting.
It means trying to lighten the load a little, and recognizing where mistakes were made.
I've always had trouble accepting human error.
I have always wanted a world inhabited by super heroes.
Except that I've always known that I couldn't cut it as a super hero.
Witness me attempting any sport to see that clearly illustrated.

1 comment:

(S)wine said...

on the same wavelength to-day, i suppose. in the end, it's what makes us human...forgiveness. it's funny, i've never had trouble accepting human error, i've always had trouble forgiving it.