Friday, June 30, 2006

Official Disclaimer of the site

All right. Rather than let my innate paranoia get away from me, I'm going to make something as crystal clear as possible.

I will not (repeat in loudish voice- NOT) be blogging about my employment details. I am not using this as a forum for work-related anything. I am not representing any company, or legal entity other than myself as a private citizen. Period. That stands forever, as long as this blog shall last.

If my emotional state is affected by the job, it might get a discussion. But no particulars, and I will be monitoring myself very carefully. Just like I try to monitor myself when it comes to my family's privacy. I respect all of that too much, and I don't want anyone getting pissy with me over something that is as easily mis-interpreted as the written word.

But back to the job- as of today, it's fine. And that's the safe assumption to make, unless I indicate otherwise. But I probably won't be using this forum. Because yes, Sean, they have a very long reach, and I am familiar with the ramifications of indiscretion. I have gotten and held onto several pretty sensitive jobs at banks over the years, and see this as similar. Gladly, I haven't seen myself as being an indiscreet little idiot since college- and that was related to "dating" two guys at one time. And it didn't end well. So I don't think I'll try that ever again. Being indiscreet, I mean. I gave up the multiple boyfriend thing over a decade and a half ago. It's part of being married, in my book. And I don't regret that either!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I wasn't implying you were an indescreet idiot. I was motivated to caution you because of two things- this comment:

"And they might tell me funny stories. And then I can write them down. And it will be an experience shared by all. Won't that be fun? Yes, is the answer! Yes, yes, yes."

...and a post I created last month about a co-worker and his whistling, which has since been taken down. It was a funny post, but after receiving a similar warning to the comment I left you, I realized I crossed a line and wasn't worth the risk.

I guess I'll need to make some kind of non-blog contact if I want more details about your assimilation.

slyboots2 said...

Oh- I wasn't taking your comments that way- I agree- a serious dose of paranoia when blogging about work is important as hell. I've always tried to employ that. If I question my comments, I just don't make them in the first place. It's been that way since I worked at a bank earlier this year- you'll see that the only time I wasn't totally paranoid about a job was the Fire Dept one, and I certainly didn't give away many details. And there were plenty. It's not exactly an environment full of freedom when it comes to this subject, but I understand and accept it. And yes, I'll certainly fill you in on stuff in person! Or at least non-public consumption arena!

Besides- as far as cannibalizing other people's funny stories is concerned, I am really good at disguising not only authorship of the original story, but also context. It's part of the training- historians learn to do it the right way, so the wrong way is even easier(my college advisor is shuddering in his grave over that one).

It's all good!

(S)wine said...

and besides, who gives a feck about work, anyway.

(S)wine said...

and besides, who gives a feck about work, anyway.

(S)wine said...

good one re: historians. see Ambrose (dead) and Goodwin.
ouchy!

slyboots2 said...

I was in school with a scion of El Ambrose. Dude was a wreck. Guess that comes with being the kid of a "legend" in the field. At the time I had no idea who the hell Ambrose was.