Monday, June 26, 2006

Ok- I got some splaining to do

The wreck starred three kids- 2 who were 17 and one who was 18. They were allegedly visiting friends in South Seattle, and dropped off a friend in West Seattle. They were driving back home when the accident occurred. I doubt that toxicology tests are back on the blood alcohol levels if any. And they were burnt so badly, that it might be inconclusive. I dunno.

The 18 year old had just graduated. The other two were going to be high school seniors next year. It was at 2:47 AM that the call hit the 911 database. By the time the firemen had arrived, the Scion was rolled and engulfed in flames.They were unable to rescue, and the vehicle was burnt to the point that it wasn't readily identifiable as a Scion.

The point of impact was hit hard enough for the hood to wind up on the 99- which is substantially higher than the bridge and behind the bridge. Other pieces littered the highway below. The concrete pylon that they hit was knocked around quite a bit, and still bears significant scars. The police brought in structural engineers to see if the bridge was damaged, and to ensure that it was safe for traffic.

The police had three distinct crime scenes to investigate once the fire was out. Thus it took one hell of a long time for the east-bound bridge to re-open. I guess it was an unholy mess of a wreck. I've seen pictures and footage online at the Seattle Times website, and it's pretty ghastly.

I have no doubt that speed was a huge factor. There is no way that kind of impact could've been as tragically nasty otherwise. Also, there were no skidmarks or signs of braking. That makes me wonder about possible impairment. But I am assuming nothing. These were no doubt good kids, who didn't deserve the callous disregard of misanthropic bastards decrying the bad traffic. Fuck the traffic. I just wish it hadn't happened. And that assholes like Ezra and the like would just go the hell away. Or keep their stupid, senseless traps shut. Or that I knew what car he drives, so I could slash his tires. Repeatedly. But that wouldn't bring the boys back...

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

assholes never go away.
ever.
they multiply and conquer.
thanks for the rundown.
ghastly indeed.

slyboots2 said...

Yeah. Just disheartening. I just can't find a positive spin on this one. And I really don't think I want to try.