Saturday, June 24, 2006

Perfect weekend

So far it's been kismet. With the exception of qualifying in Montreal...fucking Renault. But anyhow, last year on this weekend we were there- in the nasty humid heat, I sacrificing my left big toenail, and a pound of flesh from my feet, Kenga getting blood drawn on the track by a security fence, and it was wonderful.
Without the filthy lucre to make the pilgrimage an annual event, we are enjoying it on the tv. And since it's in the Northern Hemisphere on this continent even, it's easy to watch live for a change.

So then we went northward to the burbs to hit a couple of chain stores that are unavailable down hereabouts (not Walmart). I got skunked on the things I was after. But Kenga was happy. And then we chanced upon a wondorous thing. A classic car show in Greenwood.

We saw yummy cammed out street rods, some amazing muscle cars- GTOs seem to be the muscle car of choice round hereabouts- I've always been more partial to the early Camaros and the 442s. But, there's room for us all. There were a few really sweet little Alphas- two sporting full roll cages. But the best was a 1940's racecar that had been featured in some South American race circuit. We heard the owner start it up, and if I had the equipment, I woulda had a boner on the spot. Delicious.

Funny, there was a biodiesal booth. Poor deluded souls. Out there pissing into the wind. All of the hot rods roaring by, and the spectators all happy on pretty cars, and they're preaching alternative fuel. I say good luck, boys. But the guys who are getting laid tonight have over 6 cylinders of hot gasomoline action goin on. (especially if they took the trip down from Capital Hill where the annual Gay Pride weekend is a happening)

Ahhhhh. Then on to Dick's for a cheap burger, the best fries in Seattle, and a chocolate shake. It's all cars, all the time today. And I feel fine.

(Oh hey- I did catch part of the Mexico/Argentina game- whatever dude. Viva la whatever. Nationalistic piffle.)

No comments: