Monday, June 12, 2006

Ongoing list of complaints

I am having a migraine today. So I am medicated, in my bathrobe, and going to ensconce myself on the couch for some movie-watching between naps. Seriously- I thought I was having a stroke this morning when I woke up to the sharp piercing pains in my brain. I could feel every pulse. It was nasty.

Now that I'm sort of human again, I will just sit tight.

No blogging for several days- the computer was fucked up. Kenga spent an inordinate amount of time trying to fix it. But being the heroic boy that he is, he was successful. But there was no access for a while. It was sad. And scary.

And it's raining outside. Which matches the general mood in the house, I fear. So it's probably best that I wrap this up, and go watch something entertaining- hopefully with William Powell or Jean Harlow. (I think I have a couple of those on the Tivo.)

Oh and to add to the list of complaints for today- the F1 race at Silverstone was televised on CBS yesterday. Fucking Derek Daily is a prat. That's about all I care to say about it. The good news- no more CBS coverage for the rest of the year. It's all on SPEED Tv. This is a lovely thing.

Oh- and I turn 40 next Monday. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. I guess it beats the hell out of being dead. Somehow. But with this headache, and the accompanying effort to hit the proper letters on the keyboard, I kind of wonder.

Don't worry- the gun stays in the kitchen drawer. I'm just going to self-medicate today and go enjoy the light comedies of the 30's. A time that was economically alleged to be worse than today. Whatever. At least the President at the time wasn't inching us towards Fascism. Fuck, fuck, fuck.

7 comments:

(S)wine said...

happy early!!
drink.
lots.

(S)wine said...

p.s. update your blogroll, please. auf auf is now property of some other freak.

bedmonster said...

storms always = migraines. Many of my friends' migraines are exacerbated by rain and pressure changes. Mine are exacerbated by hate and anger. ;)

We shall have to frolic or something in celebration of your birthday.

slyboots2 said...

auf is off the rolls. Silly auf. Who needs dogs in the UK, anyway?

Birthday drinking and frolicking shall commence pretty damned soon. And might last the entire summer. We'll see if I get a job. Or if my liver gives out. Either one could put a damper on the celebrations...

(S)wine said...

drink lotsa coffee.
40 gallons/day reverse liver damage.
ouchy.

slyboots2 said...

And make you pee like a fucking horse. And never sleep again...

(S)wine said...

see? right there, you just described my life.