Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ah. And now for something non-birthday related

Done being birthday princess. Back to reality.

There was a grand roadtrip north yesterday. We went to outlet malls. Kenga exercised extreme patience and compassion, and shopped with me. I tried to keep it reasonably short, and didn't try on any clothes. I know that the boy does have limits. As do I in an auto parts store. He even went into the perfume outlet store and helped me pick some fragrances. I love him. He is good. He can discuss top notes and core fragrance without sounding totally gay.

Then we visited Anacortes and Whidbey Island. Very pretty. And Mondays are good for travelling. Not too much traffic, etc. The islands are funny, though. They almost look like they were dropped down from the middle of Flathead lake or something. Not what we expected.

We put our feet in the motherass cold ocean and had rootbeer floats at an A & W drive in with the actual carhops. They don't use the deception mugs anymore (they always looked substantially larger than they actually were). Tasted the same, though.

And then we rounded it up with a ferry ride. I love the ferry rides. I feel like the dog with its head out the window. If I had a big saggy tongue, it would be hanging out on a ferry ride.

Dinner was at the Latona Pub (very good) and we finished with a selection of birthday chocolates and unfiltered saki.

Now back to the business of whatever it is that I do during the day. Which depends.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Well, happy birthday (again)! I hope the chocolate(s) were all very good. I'm curious about the absinthe bar. And the nigori sake was great, I'm sure.

I have to agree with you about Whidbey island.

Good luck at the Empire! Can I buy some M$ software through you at a discount?

slyboots2 said...

Well, do you like licorice? That's what absynthe tastes like. I happen to love it immensely. More than would ever be good for me. So it's probably a good thing that it's illegal, or I would waste my life away in an absynthe bar- like the women in Toulouse-Lautrec's paintings. I like it! The chili chocolate is bloody lethal. But also good. In very small doses. mmmmm.

On the software front- I don't know yet. I'll keep you posted...

(S)wine said...

even in europe, if you can still find it, absinthe has been dulled down. sigh...

slyboots2 said...

Like I said, I am a junky looking for a drug to latch onto. And that one has soooo much glamourous baggage. Even comes with pretty spoons and glasses. And there's a ritual to pouring it...see I've studied. And I love black licorice (and ouzo), so it's a match made in heaven. Stupid laws...