Sunday, June 18, 2006

Buzzed blogging

Yeah. Tomorrow is the big day. 40. Yup.

Coolest event of the day, besides the 1 yr birthday of the daughter of a couple of friends-

I got carded. Yup. Either she was totally coming on to me, or I am deceptively young looking. I am taking it the second way. Because it makes me happy as hell.

And now I have consumed over 2 pints of very good Canadian dark beer. Lovely stuff really. And I am breaking a cardinal rule- blogging whilst intoxicated. Yeah- the proper keys are difficult to manage- lots of backtracking and fixing. Hopefully successful seeing of bad keys and misspellings...

So. I also have a job in 1 week at the Empire. Yeah. Selling out. But the student loans have to get paid somehow. And the lady who hired me seems very coolish. There are certainly worse fates. (ie. what I was facing back in MT) And it's out of the banking world. Not quite so bloody buttoned down. Bit of an ugly commute. But otherwise looks very promising.

Tomorrow, on the big day, we take a roadtrip. Because it's fun. Because I have a new car. Because the Raconteurs are on the CD player. Because so are the White Stripes. And U2. And the Brian Jonestown Massacre. And the Pixies. Life is good my friends. I never, never, never have to be 20 again. Never. I can go onward and be one hell of a lot happier. And allegedly I hit my sexual prime round abouts now. That's definately good news. WHOOO HOOO!

And I've been losing weight. That ton of pounds (figuratively speaking ) that I acquired when I hit the metabolism wall at 27 has been shifting lately. Good news. Helps that I haven't been stuffing myself, and have been taking lots of walks. So. Or it's cancer. But I choose to see it in a positive light, since I haven't had any unattributable pains or fainting bouts.

Back to the drunkism. Getting more buzzed by the minute. Canadian beer. I had forgotten the full extent of alcohol included. Funny. 1 year ago today we were in Montreal for the F1 race. And I was equally as inebriated with the same brand of Canadian beer. Talk about non-meaningful parallels. (I spelled parallel one time and won the 6th grade spelling bee- what a hero).

And that's enough. Stream of consciousness whilst drunk is a stoopid and silly thing. Just keep me away from the fucking phone, and all might be well. So, LX- you should be proud. She is drinking, per your instructions. And Kenga is likewise drinking. Whooo hooo. Road trip!!!

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

happy b-day!

bedmonster said...

So how was the big day? How was your little road trip?

I got invited to the pre-wedding reunion breakfast of doom. And declined. In the meantime, Labor and Industries was out here fining asshole on the front lot for unsafe power line hijinks.

Hopefully a good day was had by all. *grin*

Happy birthday!

slyboots2 said...

Thanks all! It was good. And I wouldn't trade it for the one a decade ago. Which was good, but this is better.