Thursday, June 29, 2006

It's your big day

And after I stress myself out by internally singing that song by XTC a few more times, I will get ready for my drive across the water to the East, where the empire beckons. Yes, she will be gainfully employed again.

So, what does this mean to me? You ask.

Well. It means that I probably won't be quite so compulsively visiting my daily selection of sites throughout the day. And this isn't a bad thing- as I will enjoy the joy of discovery in a more disciplined way. Rather than just spastically hitting keys and mouse to find stuff. (I already admitted to the spastic thing earlier- really- I wasn't totally kidding- but the smaller motor skills do seem exempt from the spaz thing)

It means that I will be bringing homr the bacon. Frying it up in a pan. And never letting him forget he's a man. Cuz I'm a woooomman. Anjolay. (that needed to get out. I felt it pushing against my inner ear, and the pressure was intense. But it's all better now.)

It means that I will actually meet people. Not just people who work at the grocery store and at the library. But real people. And they might tell me funny stories. And then I can write them down. And it will be an experience shared by all. Won't that be fun? Yes, is the answer! Yes, yes, yes.

It means that I get to drive today- and am budgeting about an hour or so for the effort. We'll sacrifice a small chicken to the traffic gods and hope that will be sufficient. I couldn't figure out how to make the bus happen in under 2 blasted hours. Fuck that noise. I'll hopefully find a van pool and dip my toes in that water. Better make it a bigger chicken. Or even better- two.

It means that I will have some self-respect I suppose. At least that's what I'm telling myself. Actually, I am usually pretty content when I have a job. Not too bad without one, either. Those demons have really been put to sleep lately. So, it's all good. And I have to go get myself cleansed and ready to face the day. Nervous- a bit. Excited- I probably will be.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

fuckin' spammers.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the job, C. I hope you love it.

slyboots2 said...

Not bad yet. I'll keep feeling the good groove as long as I can!

(S)wine said...

which XTC song were you referring to? The Mayor of Simpleton would fit in there, also. No?

slyboots2 said...

Big Day from Skylarking- only the most amazing Spring/Summer album of all time. (at least in my pantheon of music- courtesy of Kenga, it was, and it was the springtime of our beginning. Which makes it all worthwhile in the end.)