Monday, May 01, 2006

Gettin the hizell out

Traffic was fuck all bad this afternoon. The big rally/protest was a block from the office. So I left early. There was an exodus of well-paid bankers leaving at the same time. I felt priveleged to ride the elevator with their well-heeled selves. The police had the barricades ready. The news vans were blocking the bus lanes. The buses were crowding the cars. The people were streaming in.

The best one- an older, wirey guy wearing a black leather jacket sewn with numerous grungy patches. He had greyish scraggly hair, was unshaven and looked angry. He was holding a sign saying, "Save US jobs, hire US citizens". Don't tell me he was looking to make friends. Idiot.

At lunch I saw several members of the dirt tribe arriving in the business district. I can only guess that they were coming to participate in some capacity. Since they were all pasty white kids who probably sport hefty trust funds, I can gather that they are hoping for some kinda riot. Whoo hoo. Nothin like breaking the windows at a Starbucks or two to really get the circulation feeling happy. Idiots.

Otherwise, a nothing kinda day. Really. Nothing.

No comments: