Wednesday, May 17, 2006

There's this problem see
Only I can see it
Lives in my head
Makes my heart race at night
when I should be sleeping.

It's like an itch under the skin.
I can scratch and scratch
it doesn't go away.
Gold Bond doesn't help.

It lives with me-
new shoes don't ease the pressure
new sweater doesn't make it go away
they build the guilt which builds the wall that keeps the itch inside.

Someday it might ease up.
That's the small, flickering light that keeps me alive
hoping to find the release valve
that will make the pressure stop.

(this isn't actually my state of mind- just a memory of worse times- and better ones)

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

embrace that.
and also, no need for the parenthetical justification.
we like you anywaySSSSSSS
the way you are
thru the ups and downs.

slyboots2 said...

Thankee you.
And that's what the years of therapy were for, anyways. To make the mind shut the fuck up when I need the sleep. (shhhh...mommy's sleeping, kids...let's go play outside...)And to stop the compulsive shoe-buying.