Thursday, May 04, 2006

Up all night

Almost. We went to the Sigur Ros concert last night. It was in a great venue- so I made the executive decision to see them again. It was great. They are good. I was happy. Then I was unable to sleep. Too keyed up, I guess. It also didn't help that I spent a largish portion of yesterday either sleeping or napping. Basically coming down off of the job and all. And having a headache. Brought on, no doubt, by the sleeping and napping.

But Sigur Ros. Let me tell ya. I knew a guy who said that they made him want to open a vein. Silly man. Didn't get it at all. Loverly Icelandic boys and girls (Anime- the girl sidekicks were in the house).

Celebrity sighting- we sat 9 rows behind Paul Allen. I saw him going up the aisle earlier, and thought it looked remarkably like him. He caught my eye in the first place because he has the same body type and hair style as my dad. And he didn't exactly fit the emo demographic that was fully represented. He was with a posse of older-larger guys- one of whom was wearing a shirt suspiciously akin to Hawaiian. And it's not even Hawaiian shirt Friday! But then the confirmation came when a cheeky youngster came up to him, introduced himself and handed off a demo tape. That clinched it. Twas the 5th richest person in the world. Sitting directly in front of us. Enjoying the Sigur Ros. When he shuffled out, he did look awfully tired. My guess is that in order to be the 5th richest person in the world, you tend to go to bed early. But it was really cool to see an old guy out with the kids- enjoying the music n'all. I shoulda asked him for a job, though...

2 comments:

bedmonster said...

We LOVED the concert last night. Although I was sad we didn't get to go to dinner with you guys beforehand. Oh well. Now that you're at home, get to cracking on that story!

slyboots2 said...

Good good. So glad that you were happy too. Funny- I've found videos of the concert online- posted by those silly souls with their camera phones in front of their faces. The longest one was about 1.3 minutes. Silly little emo person.