Friday, May 19, 2006

Ethically challenged

Now I'm pissed. I found out yesterday afternoon that I didn't get the job that I interviewed for on Tuesday. That's not the problem really. It bloody figures, that's all.
The problem- the agency that sent me to the interview. As I understood it, they were supposed to be helping me find a good job. Not the shit crap that I've been doing for them. A real good job. Basically payback for being a good little worker bee for them.

Well- the woman who sent me on the interview let slip an interesting little fact that makes me wonder about their ethics in the first place. She told me that the person who got the job had industry experience. But was tied to an assignment elsewhere, and would pose some complications getting out of them. Now for the big question- why the fuck are they sending currently employed people on these interviews??? I have a huge problem with the whole ringer situation here. I bet the other 3 people who interviewed and didn't get the position would, as well. Makes me wonder how many of the other interviews they've sent me on have had similar outcomes because they cherry picked the interviewees like this.
I think my days with them just got very numbered. That's all.

Good news, though. A recruiter at the bank where I was working has been working with me on a job that I didn't get. But he called yesterday with another position that I'm very qualified for, and he has said that he really wants me to get it. So there is some real hope.

2 comments:

bedmonster said...

I agree about the privacy thing. I'm going to write to my senator. Again. I've been quite the busy writer to my politicians, lately.

And good luck on the bank job!

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- the bank job- saying it that way makes it sound like a holdup.