Tuesday, May 23, 2006

In the news

I hear that Microsoft laid off 1000 temp workers (they call them "contractors") yesterday for a week. Unpaid. Pretty shoddy treatment, if you ask me. And you did- or you wouldn't be on this site!
I know that they tend to treat their permanent employees pretty damned well. But the temps, well. That's another kettle o' fish.
I've decided that the temp world will have to settle for another hero. I'm opting out. Told the ditzy beeitches at the agency that I won't do temp work anymore. I need to attend to finding a permanent job. Enough of this crap. It pays the bills- but only for a while. And then I have to scramble. They have shown pretty clearly that they don't give a shit about getting me anything really good, so fucks them, I say.

And the Microsoft thing- damned shame. I feel bad for the workers who have been shown what their efforts really mean to the bottom line.

No comments: