Monday, May 08, 2006

I've stolen the philosopher's jacket. He was wearing it the first time I noticed him in Latin class. It has remained in the closet for 14 years- pretty much unworn most of the time. But I wouldn't let him throw it away.

It is olive green courderoy. It is pretty rough looking. It has been worn. He used to keep a rock in the pocket to strike his matches on when he smoked the camels. It has some serious mojo for me- it is our past in a way. And I am going to wear it on bad days. Reminding me that there is a coat for every mood.

Ha Ha! I say. Take that Kierkegaard you depressive Nordic bastard!(who btw was born on cinco de Mayo- Old Soren invokes Coronas, getting fucking loaded and puking in an Oaxaca gutter to me- don't know bout you)

2 comments:

Jacob said...

Me and my sweetie both point out to each other when we when the clothes that we wore on our first date together! It's fun to have those tokens from the past. A green courderoy coat is an great treasure, too! Does Kman still have the rock?

slyboots2 said...

No rocks. Just the jacket. He dumped the rocks before he met me- he had just quit smoking. Thankfully.