Thursday, June 30, 2005

Yesterday...

I had my 9th job interview. At Washington Mutual. For a bloody temp job. Yup. For a temp job. I've never had to interview for one of those before. And funny thing, I don't think I got it. This is getting downright stupid! I don't go in there in cutoffs. I don't scratch my ass. (at least not during the interview). I don't swear openly. I don't talk crazy about my cats. So I just don't get it.

Then I went and talked to the rather caustic woman in charge of admissions for U of W's Law School. She was gouty. And was trying awfully hard to give me the impression that a) I'm too old for such nonsense as going to school, b) I'm just not all that shining an example, and really ought to check out an "inferior" school, and c) don't count on it, honey. Yeah, I didn't get in the first time, but have been assured by others that it's really not such a big deal, the second time can really be a charm.

So fuck her gouty nasty, tennis shoes with a dress and white ankle socks ass. I signed up to take the LSATs again in October (righto- that will be one hell of a treat- but this time I don't have to travel to Ellensburg to do it), and signed up for a class on Saturdays to help get the studying under way.

And today I talked to the wonderful people at Seattle University admissions, and got a shiny happy feeling. So- it might happen after all. I had about given up. But nothing compelling has presented itself so far, so I don't see why not.

All I have to do in the meantime is get a job. I'm starting to think seriously about grocery stores in the area. Maybe Target. I dunno.

No comments: