Monday, June 06, 2005

Boats, boats, boats

One of our favorite pasttimes is to go to the Ballard Locks. And watch the show. It's cool to see the different boats- we have our eye on a circa 1954 Chris Craft that is about the sweetest thing afloat.

Our other favorite hobby whist watching the boats it to judge people by the names of their crafts. It's fun. The best was a boat called Jagermeister. You figure out the demographic represented there....yup. Probably some kind of Microsoftian marketing/sales/software kinda guy- he was in chinos, with a beer in mighty moneyed fist. Love it.

Spoiled Rotten was a middle aged couple- she was blond and kind of reddened, he was a tad large. They seemed to be relatively happy. Good for them. I wasn't overly impressed.

We decided that we should get a boat just for the sheer joy of naming it. We don't really want a boat- I don't swim for shit, and don't really like the water. And I burn very easily, so don't do sun. (someday I'll probably trot out the melanoma story on a slow news day- you've been warned). But we came up with the following. The SS Crack Whore- there actually was an SS Crack Whore- she was a mighty aluminum boat with a hole in her starboard side. There were plans afoot to fix her using a PBR can or two. But she was stolen from our friend Jason's back yard. The bastards. I hope they sank.

Another good name: The Ron Jeremy (he deserves immortality of a different, more respectable sort), Dirty Sanchez (I really don't want to go into details, but it's nasty- and those who watch South Park might enjoy the reference), Pooter Palace ( I just made it up), The Bite Me, the Depends (just made that one up too- god I amuse myself...), and I forget the rest. Needless to say, we laughed a lot...sigh...then went back to bitterly bickering about who should drive home. (not really- the bickering part I just made up for dramatic effect.)

1 comment:

slyboots2 said...

Another one- I just remembered- Red Rocket.