Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Wow...

Bernie Ecclestone is really a dick.

From msnbc.com:

How could Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone top his previous comments about IRL racing sensation Danica Patrick? Well, he did.

Last week when asked about Patrick, Ecclestone caused a media stir by saying women "should be all dressed in white like all of the other domestic appliances."

But he apparently outdid himself when he called Patrick and repeated the same line.

Patrick said that Ecclestone called her Saturday morning and, after congratulating her on her fourth-place finish at the Indy 500, again repeated his statement about women, the Indianapolis Star reported Wednesday.

Patrick was stunned, she said, according to the newspaper.

"He told me those things, and I was like, I don't know, I just didn't make sense of it," she said Tuesday, the newspaper reported. "I can't believe he that would say that . . . directly to me."

Patrick said she didn't say anything about Ecclestone's comments earlier because she didn't realize he had said the same thing to reporters, and said she only brought it up when friends asked her about the comments, the newspaper reported.

Patrick, 23, didn't know what to make of Ecclestone's comments, the newspaper reported.

"Unless he was talking about someone else or the majority (of women) or what, I'm not really sure," she said, the Star reported. "Or, maybe that's his real feelings, and if that's the case, then it doesn't really matter because I'm racing in the Indy Racing League."

(impressive. I hope she gets into F1 and kicks some major ass.)

No comments: