Monday, June 20, 2005

Car accident

On the way to birthday morning coffee, we got sideswiped by a tattered blue/white pickup truck. Not so bad if it was in my car- it's looking a leetle rough around the edges anyway- the new dents would add more "character". But in Spouse's car baby, it was pretty ugly. I am sad for him. He is very philosophical about it all- probably helps that he has a degree in Philosophy- the training has stuck. But it sucked anyway.

And then there's the F1 race. We were watching the coverage on Speed TV with envy- it looked like a better race than Montreal- and there was more coverage, etc. But then it happened. Fiasco- only 6 Bridgestone clad cars competed- with the 14 Michelin cars pulling out of the race. Total crap if'n you ask me. I wanted Michael to win, but not quite like that. And it's great that Minardi now has more championship points than in their history, but it was a nasty way to do it. The whole thing made me very sad. And I'm very glad that we didn't choose Indy over Montreal. Sorry for doubting you, Montreal! You were faithful and good. You deserved better from me.

But hey- maybe next year, if the race is held there, the tickets might be cheaper...

No comments: