Wednesday, June 08, 2005

History is cool

I just read about how they found an unknown piece of music by J.S. Bach in a private library in Weimar, Germany. What's so cool about this story is that they found it days before the library was destroyed by fire. So if they hadn't found it, the fire would've destroyed it.

I just think it's so cool the these kinds of things can still happen. That libraries and archives exist that house lost documents. And someone gets to find them. I've heard stories from a friend about this very kind of thing. He found a letter in a European archive that proved some important points for him- and he was the first person to have ever found it. I think it was hidden in another document, as I remember it. Imagine the excitement! And yes, I know for a fact that I am a geek. There never was any question!

No comments: