Monday, August 14, 2006

Update- flambe stylee

Yeah. About that torch. Seems that the ex boyfriend from high school has some, shall we gently call them, "issues" with the past. Now my more cynical side saw this train a comin down the track before I ever responded to the emails. But I wanted to give benefit of doubt. Because I'm just like that.

I figured that the whole thing could be genuine curiousity. Mais non! What we have here is a classic case of something rotten in his state of Denmark. The man is married with kids. And doesn't appear to see that as an inhibiting factor in discussing the sex lives of teenagers (ie, us back in the day) with me. He just doesn't get it that this is inappropriate, and creepy as hell. I talked long and hard with Kenga about this last night. About how uncomfortable this has gotten for me. And about how to extracate myself from the whole thing. I have tried on numerous occasions to shift the conversation to other paths- like reality, and reality. But it doesn't seem to divert him in the least.

Upshot, I don't respond to the last email. And when and if the next one comes (pretty much a when, considering this obsessive feeling I'm catching), I will basically have to nail him to the wall on how disrespectful I think this whole thing is. I mean seriously, would he appreciate his wife being part of this kind of conversation? And what is missing from his life in general that I would matter in the least? I just don't. I am not a player in this game. And I refuse to start. I won't even be chosen last. I'm out. I was out when I was 17, and that wasn't a bad place to be.

Troubling thing is that I went against my better judgement to talk in the first case. I knew better. And now it's icky. I refuse to be some crazy little whackjob's proforma therapist. I got enough work in that department with myself. And as a parting shot- this is wife #2 for him. He complains that women were serially unfaithful to him. Perhaps he ought to examine his current behavior, and see if it might play a role in his ongoing relationship patterns. But that's me being all psychological n such. And while I might enjoy that conversation here, I will not get into it with him. Because it won't end...ever...and I shudder internally and externally at that thought.

2 comments:

Livinia Redlips said...

ick.
well, throw that out the window.
it is sweet, when it's just that little sliver of sweet thats left wandering out there between past pasts.
it's creepy, when its just...well, creepy.

slyboots2 said...

Agreed. Besides, I just can't help but wonder if he has told his wife about contacting me. Betcha he hasn't. That she just has no clue. Unlike my full disclosure policy. He wants to keep his hand in the cookie jar. But this particular cookie jar has been out of his reach for over 20 years.

Ah. I must've been some sweet, sweet sugar back in the day, though.