Sunday, August 13, 2006

This I just don't get

A Californian priest was abusing an altar boy. No big shock there, sadly. But the kicker for me is that the Bishop decided to hold off on reporting the abuse. And the priest ran off to Mexico. Where he'll probably abuse again. The Bishop is expressing regret, and saying that it was an "error of judgement." Fuckin A. It's too bloody bad that in cases like this there are no criminal charges that can be filed towards this kind of towering incompetence. Some little boy now has to deal with sex "issues" for the rest of his life, and the Bishop can merely express regret, and all will somehow be forgiven. I say take the fucker by the balls and give him 20 lashes in public. Let the boy's father do the hitting. Then sue the shit out of the diocese- make them sell off some of their land, etc. I'm not a real huge fan of litigation, but in this instance, I say pound of flesh them into last week.

And then, hire a bounty hunter to find the fucker in Mexico- and be none to gentle about it. There. I feel much better. Less murderous, in general. And I've solved a small segment of the world's problems- at least for the next 10 minutes.

No comments: