Thursday, August 17, 2006

Story of the people who come to the door

Gotta make this quick- work has to happen sometime today!

Anyway, we were living in a creepy little apartment in Belgrade, MT (not the European one...), and I wasn't working. That was the winter I was on Oprah- for those of you in the know.

The doorbell rang. There were two middle-aged looking flabby women with serious hair (you know the helmeted ones- knights in the name of Jebus) on my doorstep. They wanted to tell me all about Christ. I thought very fast. I thought very hard.

I said, "That's nice, but I'm Jewish."

"You are?"

"Yes."

"Oh. I've never heard that one before."

The other one said, "does that mean you don't believe in Jesus?"

I replied, "yes, that's part of being Jewish."

They thanked me for my time, and left quickly.

I laughed my ass off, and stored that one away for future attempts. Now, I'm pretty sure I will go to hell, though- because I am not Jewish. But if I were anything, I think I would choose Judiasm. Or Zoastrianism- because fire worship sounds pretty cool.

7 comments:

(S)wine said...

good one.
hey, there's a Belgrade, Montana in Europe?

slyboots2 said...

Hey- how about I insult your intellegence some more while I'm at it??? It was morning. I wasn't being the sharpie that I normally am....

(S)wine said...

i was just kiddin, yo.
it's the (FORCED) editor coming out.
sorry.
but speaking of, do you know how beautiful Belgrade once was? they're trying to re-build it now, but...it'll take forever to get it back.

(S)wine said...

P.S. it's "INTELLIGENCE"


(whaaaaaa! just having some mucho fun at your expense)

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- and I'll take your digs- it's all done in the spirit of fun.

When Belgrade (Europe, right) was being killed, we were living in Belgrade, and our friend kept sending us free shoe samples. Because he felt sorry for us- all under bombardment and all. Belgrade MT is in a pretty place, but is about as far as possible from being a pretty place.
Some things just aren't possible to re-create.

bedmonster said...

My mom always scared the Jeebus people, or the Mormons, or the Jehovas, by demanding they support the equal rights amendment. Most of them didn't know what she was talking about, and as soon as SHE tried to educate THEM, they left in a hurry. Oy.

slyboots2 said...

Your mom has always been, for better or worse, one hell of a force of nature! And a creative one, at that. I just punted, and had a good moment. I doubt that I could come up with anything that good on a typical day!