Wednesday, August 16, 2006

It's very quiet here

Nothing to really report. Just very, very quiet.

I have had no boss, really for a month. She's been at offsites, then on vacation. That changes next week. Then I'm sure I'll pay for the indolence. Actually- it has been good. Because it gave me time to recover from the back thing. It still twinges intermittently, and new muscle groups are protesting the re-alignment of my spine. But it's all pretty much good. And there's only so many hours of the day that I can sit at a desk, babysitting the email system, and trying not to start singing the songs in my head out loud, thus scaring the crap out of the Dev guys who are squatting in the office next door (they appear to be nomads- won't they be surprised when the new chick moves in on Monday?).

And what would I sing? I find myself humming the French National Anthem, for no apparent reason. This pisses me off. Because the only time I want to hear the French National Anthem is whilst watching Casablanca. Then it will make me cry. But I don't want it occupying real estate in my head. Sometimes I long for a hot poker that I could strategically pith certain parts of my brain- thus reducing the internal static...at least until the wiring changes and it comes back...because I suspect that the static belongs to me.

I also wind up singing songs that I was listening to on the way to work. To be specific (because I wish to agonize you, dear reader, with details of things trivial and inconsequential) the songs that I didn't finish listening to. For some reason, I spend the rest of the day finishing the song. I dunno. Boredom, I guess. It'll change very soon. I know...and I fear the day. And anticipate it too.

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

I'm still humming "Girlfriend in a Coma" from a few days ago.

slyboots2 said...

I know, I know, It's serious...


Glad to know I'm not the only one...sigh...

(S)wine said...

yea well..you know, there were times when I could have strrrangled her...

slyboots2 said...

God. Quoting Fat Bob before lunch. Something is truly wrong with the world! Fat Bob doesn't creep out of his hole until well into the afternoon hours.