Monday, August 07, 2006

Night at the Opera

A while ago I went to the opera with A. It was actually much more fun than I had anticipated- I generally dislike opera. This time was good.

Anyway, sitting in front and to the left of us was a couple who appeared to be on their first date. There was that awkwardness, and attraction. They were very focused on eachother- in that way that people who don't know eachother very well are. Then I saw what appeared to be their first kiss. Very voyeuristic of me, but it was out there. And it was intermission. And it was free entertainment.

The kiss was tentative, and experimental. It built up in intensity. He touched her face. It didn't seem familiar. Or rote.

I couldn't help thinking - betcha he gets some tonight.

And that was a night at the opera.

3 comments:

bedmonster said...

Oh, yeah, I remember that, too! They really started sucking face. You're more delicate when talking about it than I am, apparently. ^_^

Operas are fun. So grand, most of the time. Opera HAS to be seen live, in my opinion. Nothing else does it justice.

We should see that movie this weekend. It'll probably be a different sort of voyeurism with that crowd... O_O

Bwana said...

Yes, but did you ever notice how many fat people attend the Ballet?

slyboots2 said...

Poor fat people at the ballet- just wishing that they could soar...